Just curious – what did you eat for breakfast today? Was it satisfying or are you still hungry?
One of my pet peeves is eating breakfast and then craving more food an hour later. And I don’t know about you, but when I get hungry, I’m not the most pleasant person to be with 😉
But guess what. I’ve got a recipe to share that you’re going to love. It’s delicious AND it keeps you satisfied and focused through your morning so you can be productive and fun to be around!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups of kale
- 2 eggs
- 2 tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- olive oil or organic grass fed butter
avocado, grated cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, chopped parsley or cilantro, tofu or almond milk cheese
- Heat tortillas in oven just until soft.
- Warm salsa and black beans in a nonstick pan over olive oil or butter. Move to one side.
- Sauté kale until bright and tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Crack eggs and cook 3-5 minutes to desired firmness.
- Place warm tortillas on a plate and transfer kale, eggs, salsa and beans onto the tortillas.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings.
When I’m teaching my clients how to cook, this is one of the first recipes we make. It’s quick and easy enough to adapt for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Now it’s your turn to give these huevos rancheros a try. Let me know what you think!